Can choosing the right domain trigger a bit of anxiety? A lot of business owner who not yet bring their business online always have the same question on how to choose a right domain name. Same happen to my self during 2007 when I register my 1st domain name.
Of course, it can, because you want to make sure that it connects with your target audience. Here are a few things to consider when choosing the right domain:
How To Choose A Right Domain Name?
- Do your research first. eg Keyword, brand name
- If and when you can, select a domain that explains it all.
- Make it stick. Try to make it easy for your target audience to remember.
- Try to keep it as short as possible. Avoiding hyphens and numbers if possible.
- Choose the right extension. Examples: .com, .net, .org, .biz –
- Picking the right domain, makes it easier to use a subdomain without having to dish out more money. For example, let us say you were creating a website that offers your services in different cities in the state of Texas. Your original domain purchased was https://mytexasbusiness.com. If you started in Dallas, Texas and expanded to El Paso, TX then you can incorporate a subdomain and now target that city by using https://elpaso.mytexasbusiness.com. You can use subdomains for so many reasons. A subdomain is like having your own website but still ties in with the domain.
- Think what your domain looks like as a LOGO.
Here is the bottom line. Having a domain builds trust and reputation.
People are likely to click on a domain that sounds legit instead of a long link that looks as if it has no ending.
A domain name cost approximate $12-15. If you wish to register a domain name and looking for advice, do reach us!
We offer FREE consultation and also help you to check your domain name availability.