Execution Time: about 5 minutes
Goal: Install the Yoast SEO plug-in on your WordPress website.
Ideal Outcome: Successfully install and configure SEO by Yoast plug-in on your Website.
Prerequisites: This process only applies to WordPress sites.
Why this is important: Yoast SEO plug-in is one of the best SEO solutions for WordPress websites and will dramatically improve the SEO performance of your Website.
Where this is done: In your WordPress Admin panel.
When this is done: After you install WordPress.
Who does this: The person responsible for managing your website.
Let’s turbocharge the SEO Performance of your WordPress website!
- We recommend that you use Google Chrome browser to navigate the web,
- Administrator Access to your WordPress Blog.
How To Install Yoast SEO Into WordPress Website
Log In to your WordPress Admin Panel
- First, go to your WordPress Admin panel (yourwebsitedomain/wp-admin).
- If you are not logged in automatically, simply log-in as an Administrator:
Installing the “Yoast” Plugin
- In the menu on the left side, please select “Plugins”.
- Then click on “Add New”.
- In the upper right corner, you should see a search bar. Type “Yoast”.
- In search results, you will find “Yoast SEO” by Team Yoast.
- Click on “Install Now”.
- Wait for the plugin to install.
- After that click on “Activate”.
Basic Yoast Configuration
- Now you should see that a new “SEO” category appeared on the left side menu.
- Click on it.
- Now click on the “Features” tab.
- Make sure all positions are turned “On”.
- Then click on “Save changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Now click on “Search Appearance” under the “SEO” category on the left side menu.
- Choose the “General” tab.
- Enter your organization or brand name.
- We recommend that you also add the “Organization logo”. Just click on “Upload Image”.
- Then click on “Select Files” to select the official logo of your company on your computer.
- After you upload your picture click on “Use Image”.
- And then click on “Save changes”.
- Now click on the “Content Types” tab.
- Press on “Pages” so more settings will appear.
- Now make sure all options here (1,2,3) are set exactly like on the screenshot below.
- Then click on “Save changes”.
Adding Social Media URL
- Now click on “Social” under the “SEO” category on the left side menu.
- Here you type the URLs of the official social media profiles account of your organization.
- Click on “Save changes”.
That’s all for now, you just installed one the best SEO Plugin for your WordPress website. Building a strong foundation for the future SEO efforts of your website so you can soon get more organic visitors to your website.
But that’s just the beginning, you still have to learn how to get the most from Yoast SEO plug-in.
Pro tips: Search on YouTube to look for more YOAST’s tutorial.
Do you know?
In order to have better SEO ranking, find out more about my 100+ SEO CHECKLIST, download a copy of this most comprehensive SEO CHECKLIST here :